In general, these technologies can serve a variety of purposes, such as, for example, recognizing you as a user, obtaining information about browsing habits, or customizing the way content is displayed.
In accordance with Royal Decree Law 13/2012 and its affectation in Article 22.2 of the Law of Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, through this Policy informs you of the different cookies that MAILTECK, S.A. collects through different media or communication channels, own or third parties, exempt or not the duty to inform and the different means by which you can reject, allow or block those.
Below is detailed information on: what “Cookies” are, what type this website uses, how they can be disabled in a browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-party Cookies.
E-mail address of the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a data, file or data storage and retrieval device (DARD), which a web browser automatically stores on the device (Smartphone, tablet or connected TV) of a user when accessing web pages, social network accounts or receiving an email.
Cookies allow us to store and automatically retrieve data on the use made of the aforementioned digital media and the computer or device from which you access them.
A cookie is just data that is stored on the user’s computer, so it is not software, it is not code fragments, it is just data. Therefore, in principle, cookies cannot transmit and execute viruses or install malware such as Trojans or spyware.
What kind of cookies are on the website and their purpose
a) Type of Cookie according to the entity that manages it: Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to your device from a domain managed by us from where we provide our services and where our website or our email service is hosted.
- Third party cookiesThese are those that are sent to your device from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by another entity for the purpose of providing us with a service and, in some cases, to use the information generated to provide their own services to third parties, all in accordance with a contract that we have entered into between us and that entity for the purpose, among others, to treat in a controlled manner the information it can access.
b) Type of Cookie according to the period of time in which they remain activated: They can be divided into:
- Session Cookies: These are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page, service, email or partner network. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored on the device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
c) Type of Cookie according to its purpose:
- Analysis or measurement cookies: Are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify and qualify the users of our websites, blogs, emails or social networks in which we are present to perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of them.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
- Social network cookies: These are those that offer the possibility to connect to social networks and share content with us and other users of the networks and obtain information about the use you make of our social network accounts.
What cookies can be installed on the website?
Access to MTK Websites implies that the Cookies, own and/or third party, detailed in the following table, may be installed:
How to configure cookies in your browser
You have the option not to receive cookies or to be informed about their setting by configuring your browser to that effect, all cookies, except Flash cookies, can be managed from your browser, usually in the “Options” or “Preferences” section.
You can disable them altogether, in which case your browser will not allow any of them to be installed (making it impossible for you to use all the features of the website), or only those from certain websites, which will allow you to enjoy the advanced features of websites that respect the privacy of your data, and exclude those that do not.
The following links provide access to the main support pages:
- Blocking cookies in Chrome
- Blocking cookies in Safari
- Blocking cookies in Firefox
- Blocking cookies in Internet Explorer
Likewise, the User may oppose the use of certain cookies through the following services:
What happens if cookies are disabled?
If you reject cookies you can continue to browse our Web Site, although the use of some of its services may be limited and, therefore, your experience may be less satisfactory.
The refusal, blocking or non-permissibility of the cookies described in this Policy may affect the correct browsing of the contents reproduced on the website.
Acceptance of cookies policy
It is possible that the information provided in this Cookies Policy may undergo modifications due to updates or changes in the cookies treatment policy, likewise, the Spanish Data Protection Agency may issue instructions and/or recommendations that may vary the same.
For any questions, clarifications and/or suggestions regarding cookies, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.